Gordon's Bay

Gordon's Bay

Monday, March 3, 2014

4 March 2014

I just got back from an adventure...I love adventures!

The goal was to get to the Cheetah park in Somerset West.  Well, that didn't happen, which reminds me of another difference here from in the states.  Directions.

When getting directions from anyone here, you have to know where things are.  Didn't make sense to me either...lol...but people give directions based on where things are instead of by street names or directional (north, south, east, west).  Example would be how to I get to the restaurant Pirates....well you go right at the petrol station, then go straight over the stop street to the second robot, then turn left and it's just passed the golf range on the right.

Ok, thanks......

lol, it makes me laugh everytime...and of course look up a map.  

We ended up at Gordon's Bay which was lovely.  It's a beautiful beach and we had a nice walk and chat.  Anyway, I may not have gotten my friend to her destination, but we had a lot of fun along the way.

Vocabulary:
Petrol Station = Gas Station
Stop Street = Stop Sign
Robot = Traffic Light
Straight Over = go through

Places to visit:
Gordon Bay
Miguel's Al Forno




No comments:

Post a Comment